Just because the artwork you found at a garage sale fifteen years ago looks a little dated doesn’t mean you should toss it. Try these tricks for making it fresh again.
- Reframe it. Even a print can look stunning with a new white mat and sleek frame. Go a little extra wide on the mat for added effect.
- Lucite it. Get a plexiglass kit online and toss the frame. So. Modern.
- Paint the frame a crazy fun color. Try neon or a rich peacock blue.
- Move it. Hang an average-sized piece on a smaller wall to make it look bigger.
- Hang a classic piece in a deliberately strange way: try on the edge of a wall, or way down low near the floor.
- Keep groups together, hanging them over each other.